Senior C++ developer (Networking)/ Obninsk, Kaluga, Ulyanovsk, Minsk, Moscow
We are looking for experienced Senior C++ Developer to join our professional game development team ZiMAD.
As a member of the development team you will;
- Independently put the company Agile software development process into practice as appropriate.
- Takes ownership of product subcomponents including functional specification, design & implementation
- Assist in the development of implementation schedules for owned sub components.
- Develop, maintain and extend assigned software modules within schedule constraints using the company accepted coding practices.
- Specify and perform unit testing of developed software modules
- Fix bugs in software modules as necessary.
- Assist publications department as required to document the product.
- Assist QA engineers as required to develop of test plans and isolate software faults.
- Lead a department code review.
- Work with other department software engineers to ensure successful development and delivery of product
- Report status in timely fashion as requested by Manager or project lead engineer
- BSc (2.1 or better) degree in Computer Science, Engineering or equivalent relevant to Software Engineering
- Experience in writing, troubleshooting, and debugging networking and kernel level code
- Solid understanding of Core TCP/UDP/IP technologies such as: Streams, DHCP, Routing protocols
- Detail understanding of unix sockets; working knowledge of netfilter/iptables
- Minimum of 3 years of experience with intermediate knowledge of load balancers, firewalls and wireless technologies
- Minimum 3 years’ demonstrable experience in either C++ or Java
- Strong communication skills – both verbal and written
- Strong knowledge of data communications principles, architectures and protocols including TCP/IP, routing, switching, and Ethernet technologies
- Customer focus, result oriented and strong relationship builder with local and remote teams
- Adapts easily to changing priorities and thrives in a fast paced work environment
- Flexible ‘can do’ attitude
- Demonstrable interest in emerging technologies
- Demonstrated ability to identify problems and effectively raise issues
- Knowledge of English on intermediate/upper-intermediate level
- Linux Kernel Object development
- Knowledge of:
- Multi-threaded programming
- Scripting (Perl, tcl)
- Knowledge of Test Tools / Automation, tracking systems & test methodologies
- Unix administration
- Demonstrable experience using Eclipse
- Demonstrated ability to initiate and contribute to technical discussions
- Knowledge of mobile technologies.
- Official employment;
- Comfortable office in the city center with a lounge zone and free tea / coffee, sweets and fruits;
- Free English classes;
- Сorporate and teambuilding events;
- Opportunity for professional growth and career development;
- Pleasant atmosphere and a friendly team;
- Business trips to the other offices (Moscow, St. Petersburg, Obninsk, Kaluga,Ulyanovsk, Kazan, Minsk, Gomel, Kharkov).